When Mercy Health – West Hospital opens in 2013, the 250-bed hospital will feature the latest advancements in design for patient care and comfort, all private rooms, and expanded medical capabilities for the West Side.
The comprehensive care will include heart care with open heart surgery, a cancer center, an orthopaedics center, a women’s health center, and OB/maternity care. Mercy Health – West Hospital will serve as the center of our growing network of healthcare services throughout the West Side as we continue to enhance access to quality medical care through a variety of services and locations – both inpatient and outpatient.
On the West Side alone, we currently provide two acute-care hospitals, three outpatient centers, more than a dozen primary and specialty care physician practices, a health and fitness center, and two senior living communities.
We are committed to providing a network of care that makes it easier than ever for you to receive the care you need, in the setting you prefer; right in your community.
Mercy Health is committed to expanding opportunities for care throughout Greater Cincinnati. We are working to enhance the healthcare services that are available on the West Side by developing a new state-of-the-art hospital that will be the center of our growing network of care, which includes primary and specialty care physician offices, 24/7 emergency care medical centers, outpatient imaging centers, and senior living communities.
The new hospital will be built on 60 acres of land located on North Bend Road, near I-74 in Green Township.
Mercy Health – West Hospital will feature several new services that have never been offered before on the West Side. It will include a heart center, cancer center, family birth center, women’s center, and a comprehensive orthopaedics program. The hospital campus will also be designed in harmony with the surrounding community and will feature plenty of greenspace, walking/biking trails, and buffers designed to reduce any noise.
The new Mercy Health – West Hospital will feature:
- Medical Care
- Comprehensive Heart Care with Open Heart Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Orthopaedics Center
- Women’s Center
- All private patient rooms
- All patient rooms will have three distinct zones: a staff zone, a patient zone and a family zone. The family zone includes a sleeper sofa and desk, with separate lighting that won’t disturb the patient. Each room, including critical care rooms, will have a toilet and shower for patient and family use.
- All patient rooms have unobstructed views to the outdoors. Extensive research demonstrates that even a short exposure to nature reduces patient stress considerably and increased natural light in patient rooms helps decrease depression and shorten stays.
- Family-centered care rooms that will allow families to become an integral component in the healing process of the patient.
- An environmentally-friendly design that reduces pollution.
- Community Center
- Education Center
- A campus that includes greenspace, a water garden, and a walking/biking trail.