Mercy Health – West Hospital will incorporate all of the latest development in hospital design that have been proven to enhance patient care. Extensive research shows there are real benefits to patients when a healthcare facility is designed specifically to meet their needs. These benefits not only improve patient outcomes, but also provide a more comfortable setting for family and visitors, increase staff morale, and help hospitals operate more efficiently.
Some of the design elements that will deliver a better experience and promote healing include:
- All patient rooms will be private and will feature a family-centered design that will allow families to become an integral part of the healing process. Each room will include a family zone with a sleeper sofa and desk.
- All patient rooms will include windows and plenty of natural light. Studies show that natural light helps reduce patient stress, which can lead to shorter hospital stays and better outcomes.
- All patient rooms will have a private bathroom and shower.
- The waiting areas for surgery, the diagnostic center, and cardiovascular services will be located along a glass-filled atrium, bringing in natural light and unobstructed views of nature.
- The surrounding hospital campus will also incorporate a natural, calming setting that includes plenty of greenspace and a water garden.